Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fish food

Just before I left the States, I was at the gym and watched a Good Morning America Show: one of the features: the host trying the newest in pedi/massage modalities-fish pedicures. When Lenny and I were in Siem Reap we saw a sign for the opening of a fish spa-to open days after we were there.....
Crushed-me because I wanted to try the newest fad and Lenny to have another beer, I stored away the location for my next trip.
Well.....one night I took some of the folks from my group to a Jok restuarant for dinner (in Chinag Mai, Thailand) (lesson-always take Beth up on an offer to go out to eat-you NEVER know what is around the corner :-) ). The evening was full-great food, curious discussions and a long walk home. We hailed a tuk tuk-all 5 of us climbing into the three wheeled Disney ride. Zipping thru the city, four packed in the seat and I on the battery I hear Jason yell out" Fish spa, what is that?". Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Scrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaccchhhhhhhh.
"well we must do it" I say, inserting that I had seen it on Good Morning America and therefore it must be the newest and hippest...
We handed over 100 baht for 1/2 hour, stepped onto the platform, sat down, feet dangleing over the pool of hungry fish and tentatively began the decsent. nibble nibble nibbles nibblessss-Far too freaky, holding hands, yanking feet out at the slighest touch....
by the end of the 1/2 hour we were giggling at our primal fears.
Oh and by the way the bigger fish in the other tank didn't feel as weird as the little guys....
Of course I had to go back a second time with the rest of the crew.....

No comments: